Our volunteers play an integral part of bringing the Festival together. It’s a great way to gain new expertise, meet new people and develop networks in the arts and human rights sector. There are a number of new positions that we will be recruiting in the lead up to the 2017 Festival, our 10 year anniversary. Keep your eyes peeled!
HRAFF is looking for two passionate, hard-working and committed individuals to join HRAFF in 2017 as our Speakers Coordinators. These are volunteer roles.
The expected time commitment for the role is approximately one day a week according to availability. The roles begins in early December until the end of May 2017.
- Assist in curating panel discussions around the issues explored in the films of the festival as well as human rights and the arts in general
- Watch films
- Research, approach and book speakers
- Write brief synopses of forum topics for website and Festival program
- Liaise with and brief speakers about events
- Coordinate forums and speakers
- Accompany speakers to HRAFF events
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of prominent speakers in diverse fields
- The ability to work within budget constraints
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with speakers
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- An interest in Human Rights and global issues
- A background in Journalism would be an advantage
To apply, please submit a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience along with your CV by COB Friday 4 November 2016 marked Speakers Coordinator in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REFER TO THE POSITION DESCRIPTION BELOW:
Speakers Coordination PD.pdf
Speakers Coordination PD.docx